Here are two precious photos of our wedding 40 years ago. We do not have many and most of the photos are now faded. So these are treasured memories!
Here is some wedding day trivia:
- I made my gown and it cost about $15.00! I still have it, but don’t you dare ask me if I can wear it now!!
- The appliques were all hand cut from a piece of lace yardage I found. As I stitched each flower onto the satin, my dad suggested he could help me by using Elmer’s glue!
- My adopted grandmother made my veil and headpiece. She had taught me to sew many years before. Trust me, she inspected every one of my stitches!
- David’s tuxedo was rented. Notice how I cropped the photo? The pants delivered to him were about 2 inches too short!
- My dad made the trellis behind us. It was placed in their garden after the wedding.
- The ivy in my bouquet came from one I had caught a year earlier. We rooted the ivy and it grew abundantly in our backyard.
- The Bible had been given to me by the girls in my dorm at seminary. That White Bible Ceremony is a special memory for me.
- Most brides pray for a sunny day. Not me! There was a stained glass window behind the pastor. When the sun was shining, the rays would come through the window…blinding the wedding party and all the guests. We didn’t want everyone wearing sunglasses! The Lord answered my prayer. We had the most delightful overcast south Florida day!!
There are many more memories in our Wedding Scrapbook. Today we have been thinking about our wedding 40 years ago and lots of memories in the years after!
Be sure to read the post about my commitment to marriage. http://thememoryforever.com/commitment-to-marriage/